Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 12 - Part 2 / Week 15 - Part 1 / My visit to Philadelphia

I've got a lot of different things to share here so bear with me!

First, I finally got a new battery for my 630 so I finally finished that roll from Week 12 that I mentioned!





I adore those but I've got more exciting news (that probably isn't news to most of you who follow me anywhere but here.) I spent Friday and Saturday in Philadelphia for the first time, meeting Evan Walsh and Amy Geliebter.

My bus left DC at 7:30 and I got to Philadelphia around 10:30. I spent the morning with Amy until Evan came over, and we walked around for a while, I had my first authentic Philly cheesesteak, and we got around to taking photos.

I had planned on shooting a ton of film this weekend; I took chemicals to show Evan how to develop film, but a misunderstanding lead me to not bring my film scanner, so rather than shoot a ton and not be able to see anything until I got home, I just shot digital. Not complaining though, I got to finally put my new 50mm f/1.2L to use and I love it.

Here are some of the digital shots from Friday:








The next several photos of Evan are exactly why I love him. 

Amy was my assistant for a wee bit!



Senior portrait! Hahaha

Tanning with his reflector

Then today, before I left to come back home, Evan and I shot with our friend, James Evans. This boy is a killer model, so I was stoked to take photos of him. I ended up starting a second roll because the following photos were at the end of the roll that I started this post with, but I didn't finish the second roll, so there will be a Week 15 - Part 2 that includes more of James sometime this week along with Week 16.

Evan's dog, Maddie (who knows if I'm spelling that correctly) decided to come along with us while we took photos. She is seriously the best dog in the world.

Evan and Maddie together :)

Man, isn't he handsome?

I cannot even begin to express how thankful and appreciative I am to have had the chance to meet these three. I love them all dearly and I cannot wait to see them all again.

This roll of film:

  • 1 roll of expired Kodak Color Plus 200
  • Shot on a Canon EOS 630
  • Week 12 - Part 2 shot with a Canon 50mm f/1.4
  • Week 15 - Part 1 shot with a Canon 50mm f/1.2L
  • Hand developed in Jobo C-41, scanned with Epson Perfection V500

No comments:

Post a Comment