Friday, June 29, 2012

Week 26 - Part 1

This has been one of the greatest weeks of my life.

Monday, the 25th, was my 21st birthday. Evan and Amy came down to celebrate with me and I had a party at my house. Thanks to our better judgment, very few photos were taken and they were all on Instagram. My username is @stevensites.

On Tuesday, we wandered around with Erin and Jayson and took photos.

Erin knew of this abandoned (or so she thought) horse stable that we went and checked out.





After about 15 minutes, Evan realized that the stable wasn't abandoned as there were horses in the barn. Everyone freaked out and ran away from him, but me, being the person that I am, approached him and convinced him to let me pet him. He was gentle, if not a little spooked by everyone screaming and running from him.



When we finished at the stable, we continued on to our original intended destination at Rocky Gorge Reservoir.






I ran out of film pretty quickly, thinking I was shooting a 36-frame roll, but ending up with only 27.

Wednesday, Jared came over again and we went to Ellicott City where Amy bought a gift for her mom (which she accidentally left in the train station in DC,) and a new shirt. We all got drinks and headed up to an area full of abandoned buildings surrounding the Patapsco River. We were told off by a cop for where we parked so we moved away from the abandoned buildings and moved down to the river.




Jayson used Amy for his Injuries series and I snapped one of her before we left.





Erin had this epiphany and remembered a waterfall that she had been to once before was actually very close by.

I took this of Evan as we were headed over to the spot Erin remembered.

We had to wait a few minutes for everyone to get off this bridge so I could take this. I'm pretty sure I missed the focus but that's okay haha.

By the time we got to the waterfall, I only had one frame left of medium format.

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way this week that E-6 chemicals exhaust much quicker and more radically than C-41 or HC-110. One roll will come out perfect and the next is almost trash. Last week's roll of 120 came out dark, and I thought maybe I had just underexposed the film, but after developing this roll of 120 as well as a roll that Amy shot on my Mamiya, I came to the conclusion that the chemicals needed to go. I have another roll of film that I shot this week that will be posted in a couple of weeks when my new E-6 chemicals come in the mail.

This week's film:

  • 1 roll of 120 Fujichrome Astia 100
  • Shot on a Mamiya C220F with an 85mm f/2.8
  • Hand-developed in exhausted Arista E-6, scanned with Epson Perfection V500

No comments:

Post a Comment