Friday, February 17, 2012

Week 8

I have recently been trying to challenge myself to reach outside of my comfort zone with portraiture. As of right now, I'm still shooting the same kinds of portraits, but this week's triumph was actually shooting with a total and complete stranger.

Through some networking, I found Michael and invited him to take photos with me. I showed him my work and he agreed to shoot with me today. He goes to the same school as my friend, Brittany, of whom I have taken photos before, so we brought her along for the fun.

We explored a couple parts of their school's campus. The location was limiting and far from ideal, but it's a college town; there wasn't a whole lot to choose from, but I think we made the spots we shot at work pretty well.

Luckily, Michael turned out to be a really awesome guy and Brittany and I had a ton of fun hanging out with him and getting to know him and I definitely hope to shoot with him again someday. For having approached a total stranger, I think the entire day went really, really well.























This week's film:
  • 1 roll of expired Agfa Vista 100
  • Shot on a Canon EOS 630 with a Canon 50mm f/1.4
  • Hand-developed with Jobo C-41, scanned with Epson Perfection V500

No comments:

Post a Comment